Sunday 17 June 2018

Thursday


Over the last couple of days we have been catching up on chores and people.  We also have visitors at the weekend when Nicky and Mark are coming to stay so we want the place to look nice and it is a chance to take advantage of the unseasonably poor weather to do jobs that might otherwise have been too hot.  The garden has gone bananas with the rain and things seemingly grow overnight.  This year I have thrilled that my alliums have multiplied and rather than my usual three blooms this year I have seven.  I had meant to look for allium bulbs when I was back in the UK but forgot.  I know I saw some beautiful blue ones growing in the gardens at the Masons Arms.

John had more physio down in Polis so whilst he was being pummeled and electrocuted I did our shopping in Paps in readiness for the weekend.  Sometimes the Cypriot mentality defy logic - today I saw this sign for Coca Cola heralding the latest offer - one not to be missed obviously as there was a massive saving of 0.00 to be made - it did make me chuckle - you just gotta love it!!!  It is the little things like these that make us love the island and the people!!

Shopping done and John's knee worked upon we went home to pack everything away before going to Polemi to visit Kim and Steve.

Without going into too much detail Steve has been a bit poorly necessitating a visit to the doctor.  I had suggested going to Polis Hospital with their EHIC card as they are entitled to do but sadly Polis didn't have an ultrasound machine so Steve was sent off to Paphos where he spent most of the day in A&E awaiting the doctor who could man the machine.  Had I known I could have sent them direct to the private doctor in Polis who has an ultrasound machine - I know he has because he used it on John and he is a doctor who deals with 'juveniles' so that would have suited Steve down to the ground!


Kim and Steve's holiday accommodation is really lovely both inside and out and this afternoon the weather was much better so we were able to sit outside and catch up on the events of the week and in particular Steve's visit to the hospital.  Never a patient patient at the best of times he was less than impressed by his enforced stay in A&E until the doctor became available.


We spent a pleasant couple of hours chatting before returning home - both feeling tired we decided to have a quiet half an hour stretched out on the bed and then woke when it was gone 9.00pm!! we clearly needed the rest but then again it has been a stressful couple of months.  We were going to go around to our neighbours for a drink but by the time we had tamed our bedheads it was far too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.