Tuesday 16 April 2019

Sunshine, you are my sunshine ...


Having had visitors and as we are about to have another one I was ecstatic this morning when the sun was shining (albeit briefly) so I was keen to get the bedding washed and out and on the line and the guest bedroom all ready for Kenna's arrival on Tuesday.  Monday is another bank holiday here (Cyprus National Day), a slightly more important one than last Monday (Greek Independence Day) and I am not sure what is open - hopefully Paps will be.

I know that I keep going on about the weather but it really has been appalling this Winter - here is a photograph of five years ago when John and I met up with Wendy and Bill in Pissouri - a real shorts and t-shirt day with lovely blue skies and warm temperatures.

Miss Minnie was trying to catch some rays sat our on steamer chair today but I think the wind chill factor was getting the better of her.  We weren't graced with dry weather for long and as the day continued we had more rain - the clocks change today - they 'spring' forward so let's hope that will herald a change in the weather.


We were having curry for supper this evening using the leftover chicken from yesterday and the Passanda curry mix from the packs we had for Christmas.  I decided to make some naan bread to go with it.  On occasions like this the kitchen worksurface comes into its own - fab for making bread and pastry, otherwise it is like a morgue slab which isn't great in the Winter.  It looks great but is really impractical - cold and difficult to keep clean.  Also I struggled to find somewhere sufficient warm to get the dough to prove.  I remember my lovely friend Elena used to park her car facing the sun and pop the dough on the dashboard!  In the end I pre-heated the microwave and used the residual heat and that seemed to do the trick.


Diana and Rob called in with our post which included the new tie backs for the guest bedroom so with them in hand I got the guest bedroom ready.  Hopefully Kenna will be comfortable - I have a feeling that by the time she goes home this will no longer be a cat-free zone as she is a huge cat lover and has recently lost her long-time feline companion Digby.  I think I need to leave her a note as to the various characteristics of our four so she can get up and do the morning breakfasts and give us a lie-in!


This was the view out of the back door early evening.  Rolling mists and heavy rain - deep joy.  This reflected the mood in our house when the Mighty Blades managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and lose 2-3 to Bristol City having been in the lead twice.  John was unimpressed as you can imagine - he said the only redeeming factor was that I had produced a belting curry and the naan's were delish!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.