Friday 21 June 2019

I am gutted because I took some lovely photographs today, Mum's 84th birthday and because I decided to clear the SIM card in readiness for the wedding I am going to next week I cleared the few photographs that had not, as yet, been sent up to the ether.  I cannot believe it Victor because we had organised such a nice day to celebrate her 84 years on this earth and I don't have a single photograph to show what we did.

We started this morning early with a visit to the cemetery because they have delivered some of the marble for the permanent memorial and we wanted to take up all the plants and re-home them in our garden and Mum's garden.  It looked like it was going to rain at 8.00am this morning so, although we are absolutely knackered from visitors, we shot out of bed, threw on some clothes and shot off to the cemetery.  We thought that if Mum did go today with Joyce and David she might be a little upset by the fact that things had changed so we wanted to clear and tidy the grave and tell her in advance so she was prepared.  We rescued the original osteospurmum which has been there since last March and flowered ever since and we rescued a geranium and a gerbera which were in pots and dug up some gazania which had self seeded as Dad would say - they have two chances and we hope that some will survive.

We returned home and had a shower and got ready for Mum and Joyce and David to arrive so we could all celebrate Mum's birthday together.  We had arranged to go to the Farmyard for lunch which was a great choice as Valentina seranaded Mum with a rendition of Happy Birthday Romanian style!!

The food was excellent and even though there was to be a big event on there later that evening we didn't feel we were in the way.  Aunty Joyce and I shared Chinese, John had Ribs, David Stifado and Mum the Chef's special chicken.

We came back to our house where we were joined by Klaus and Sheila for a cuppa and a slice of my sunk-in-the-middle banana cake which tasted much better than it looked!!!  It was really lovely to see the Knips here enjoying themselves.  We have had some great times together in the past and I know that Mum will have appreciated them coming this afternoon.  I am more than a little upset that I don't have the photographs and that I don't have any means to recover them - I need a micro SD card adaptor to try and recover the deleted photographs and I dont have one.

So Mum, happy birthday, I know you wont be disappointed not to be in any photographs!!!  I am so glad that my throw away suggestion that Joyce and David come now instead of or as well as October was taken on board and they felt well enough to do so.  Family is so important and Mum and Joyce have been friends for many many years, apparently they met when Mum was recovering from having her tonsils out and that must be 60-odd years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.