Saturday 20 July 2019

The wall build is complete - the clean starts now!

Today was a bit of a milestone because Bassam finished his part of the wall build.  We had put him off arriving until 8.00am today because we had been out last night.  After he finishes his bit then the really hard and dirty work begins with the clean up of the wall and the garden.

We have plenty of stone left over so Bassam was staying to clad the wall between our garden and Gregoris next door which will finish off that area nicely and then as it looks like there will still be some left over John plans to put up what he can on the wall opposite our bedroom window.

I am so glad we made the decision to do this - I can almost go as far as saying I am glad that the paint let us down because we would not have done this now had it not been for the fiasco of the Dulux Weathershield.

John has worked so hard because he has laboured for Bassam and then once Bassam has gone home worked for hours cleaning off the stones sometimes putting in a 12 hour day just so we could see an end to it all and a finish we would be pleased with.


Once Bassam had arrived this morning I shot off down to Polis to buy some food as the cupboards here are bare!  I was a little taken aback by the display of bread at Papantonious.  To me this seemed a bizarre selection of flavours and I am not so sure that black cuttlefish bread is doing it for me!!

I have been doing my bit for charity and have had a clearout so took a bag of stuff to the charity shop which I dropped off and whilst there spotted a boxed set of Open All Hours which I thought Mum would love to watch again (and again) and if you have read by blog recently you will know what I learned about Arkwright being modelled on my friend's dad!


John and I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned after Bassam had gone home - it was exhausting but as John pointed out we cannot afford to leave it otherwise it will get too dry and never come off.  John's reward was to have a special meal.  When I had been down in Polis I had bought some fillet steak which I cooked with some new potatoes and a fresh salad.  It was delicious - a lovely tasty and tender piece of meat and unbelievably the two pieces only cost 7 euros - BARGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.