Friday 3 April 2020

Au Revoir - save journey...

I am guessing that pretty soon I will have very little to blog about as the island goes into lock-down to try and contain this Coronavirus thing.


Today however we were saying goodbye to our wonderful friends Laura and Mark - I feel so blessed that they managed to get over here before the shit hit the fan and that we were able to celebrate my birthday together.  I cannot believe that had I been born a week later then my milestone birthday would have passed unmarked due to restrictions both official and self imposed.  We are hanging on to see if John's flight is cancelled by EasyJet so that he can get his money back.  Anyway I can honestly say that it was an absolutely brilliant surprise having Mr and Mrs P here!!

Once they had checked out of the Droushia Heights Hotel they came and spent the remaining time with us.  This included a light lunch taken outside as it was a warm day compared to yesterday.  They have had the whole gamut of weather conditions here but haven't minded.  It is like having family with us and we hope that they will get the opportunity to return later in the year if everything calms down.

I am now feeling pretty knackered after the last week.  Some self-isolation wont bother us too much if it is imposed - we need a few bits and pieces food-wise but apart from that nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.