Friday 5 March 2021

A fabulous takeaway...


This morning I got my permission to go down and visit Mum.  Bloody hell three hours goes by so quickly when you have a 45 minute drive door to door.   Not helped by the fact that some of the road between Kathikas and Pegia has fallen away and they are trying to repair it on the hoof and I followed some Army vehicles driving extra carefully.  On the way back I had all of this plus the Police at Pikni Forrest!!!  I managed to get down and back just by the skin of my teeth!!!!  I was glad to be able to get a few things sorted for Mum, and get the timer and lamp working at her neighbour's (Effie), picked the remaining Pomelo that Effie grows just for us and have beans on toast for lunch!!!


On my return John was ready and waiting for our second wood delivery, this time from Stephanos who provides us with uniform sized pieces of Oak, we now have a full wood store ready for next Winter (or more probably for next week when we are forecast SNOW!!!!).  It is hard to imagine it being really cold - it hasn't been this winter so far at all.  


Whilst I was stood in the woodstore waiting for John to bring a wheelbarrow full of logs for me to stack (neatly and uniformly obviously) I got the chance to look at some of the natural stone which seems to have all sorts of fossils - I like to think that this particular fissure was left by a fern years ago but who knows!!!!


We learned today that the current restrictions are staying in place until the end of February and that it is very unlikely that restaurants will open until mid March at the earliest and then possibly only if customers can show they have had a negative covid test which will be valid for 72 hours.  I so feel for all the eating establishments in our area - it has been such a torrid 12 months and some of them are really struggling for survival.  Because of this we decided that we would go get a Thai takeaway from the Farmyard so show our support for Rachel and the crew.


Oh boy this was probably the best Thai takeaway we have had from there and possibly from anywhere - we shared chicken satay to start and couldn't stop eating it all so haven't got any left for tomorrow 😢 I then had my chillied-up honey chicken and John had the crispy chili beef which we ate on a mix of plan and egg fried rice and we absolutely loved it and saved half each so that's supper sorted for tomorrow.

Charlie is poorly today - he has obviously eaten something that is either making him feel sick or has scratched his throat or something on its way down.  I am a bit worried because Processionary Caterpillars are around at the moment and they are very toxic to cats and dogs.  Poor boy is not himself - he has thrown up once and then spat out frothy guff and is very lethargic - we will keep an eye on him tonight and if needs be he will be taking a trip to the vets tomorrow.  He hasn't actually stopped coming for food so that is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.