Monday 10 May 2021

Saturday - Help is at Hand


This morning we answered a call for help - Edda asked if John could help her get the cover off of her pool.  Her pool is massive and the cover weighs a ton and needs as many hands as we could muster to get it off in one carefully folded piece for her.  Our lovely neighbours Mark and Das agreed to give a hand which was marvelous particularly as when we arrived we learned that David (Dixie Seven David) is quite poorly and had gone to the hospital to get a covid test pre going in for a biopsy on his lungs - apparently he is having trouble breathing and sods law this weekend we have terrible dust and sand in the atmosphere which is no good to anyone.  It makes it hot and muggy - so hot and muggy that the temperatures here in Droushia was above 30 degrees.  We got the cover off and folded and in a position where Edda could clean it and made sure she was ok before we left her to sort out the water as she is planning to swim in it soon.  It is unheated and large so considerably colder than ours and ours is only showing around 15 degrees at the moment - she is a brave woman.

I had earmarked today for a spot of tidying in the garden and on my return from Edda's I had received a text from Kaiti Pavlou Nurseries in Polis to say I had won a competition for two hanging baskets so I decided I would go and collect them today before doing a spot of shopping and then swing by to see Sheila and Klaus as I haven't seen them for ages.  I haven't been to that nursery for years as I always carry on and go to the one in Agia Marina so I decided to take some photos of the garden to see what colours would go best.

It was a lovely morning tootling off down to the nursery and then quickly flitting in and out of Paps for the few bits I wanted for the weekend (I do not have to cook tomorrow - yeee hah).  I then set off for Sheila and Klaus's where I spent a very pleasant hour sat outside having coffee and catching up.  Bless Klaus he had run me off a load of information regarding the new hearing aids that Mum got yesterday - he thought it would be helpful if she asked me a question about them and he was right!  I came back cross country coming through Kritou Terra - the views are spectacular and the roads empty.

This was one of the hanging baskets that I chose from a matching pair - simple verbena in red and white stripes as a nod to the newly relegated Sheffield United and I have them hanging off the pump house but know that they wont be there for long as John hits his head on this one every time he goes to the drinks fridge!!!


It was an incredibly warm and balmy evening with no condensation so we took ourselves up onto the roof terrace for some fresh air and a gin and tonic or two before going to bed.  We are always joined up there by the cats - Charlie kept lookout from the top of the steps whilst Minnie and Boris took a chair each and settled down for a snooze.  It was so beautiful sat there with all the lights twinkling down on the coast.  You realise though that this little area has changed so much since we first came - I remember one evening lying down on the roof terrace when we had nothing up there and watching the stars with Wendy and Bill - there was absolutely no light pollution then so the sky was absolutely fabulous.  Now there is much more light and noise around and about.  Progress I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.