Monday 20 September 2021

Hearts and flowers

We were aiming for a quiet day today and it turned out to be much quieter than anticipated because there was an issue with the internet so we were without for several hours.  Without means no radio (which is on all day) no TV and John was champing at the bit to watch Day Two of the Test Match and no social media!  Worse than that no access to the recipe I was using for the meal I was preparing for Nicky and Mark this evening!!!

There was nothing left but for me to do a bit of art for this weeks' challenge which is decorative hearts and which doesn't seem to have inspired many people unfortunately!!

We got our internet back in the afternoon so I was able to complete the meal for tonight.  It wasn't anything overly exciting - it was salad but the salad included roasted red peppers, basil and small mozzarella balls in a slightly tangy mango dressing - I had also done some small new potatoes which were sautéed in a bit of piri-piri for some spice and then some smokey paprika chicken.  The only thing that was not so good for Mark were the potatoes but when I had checked yesterday Nicky said he was having a few carbs rather than no carbs at all.

We sat outside and were able to check out the new light over the dining table first hand - it is excellent and even better we had no interference from any bugs or bitey things.

I did have a bit of a mystery on my hands though - or rather on my left thumb - I had been out to the bin earlier in the day and when I returned I noticed a big blue bruise covering the whole of the pad of my thumb.  I must have broken a blood vessel some how but have not idea when - I would have thought I would have noticed doing something like that.  

We talked about all sorts of things including Mark and Nicky's family outing to have their hearing tested which then led us on to talk about Hopi Candles.  I have always fancied giving them a go and didn't realise that Nicky uses them and she actually nipped back home and went and got some for us to try at some point.

I think John is worried I am going to set him on fire but I have a copy of the instructions and will be trying it at some point.  I shall report back on whether we think it has done anything for us!!

Nicky and Mark are now seriously considering giving a kitten (or two, or three) a home.  They have been sent some photographs of kittens needing to be rehomed and there are three sisters which have taken Mark's eye.  Mind you they could all be phycho-bitches from hell so they need to go and meet them all in person before making a decision.  We wish them luck because we know it will be difficult.  We were lucky - our cats chose us so we didn't have to pick one over another.

Evenings with Nicky and Mark are never late, late because they are early to bed people not least because they will be working tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.