Tuesday 16 August 2022

Cute Kitties

This morning we had been invited across the road for a coffee with Das and to check on the progress of their kittens.  The brood of five have grown and have most definitely got their own personalities.

The bravest was probably the smallest of the three black and white kittens - it is called 'The Kid' and referred to as 'he' but I think, on closer inspection he could well be a she!  It is a bit early to tell but I think they may have more femals and males.

Following The Kid's lead the others gained in confidence and were soon racing around the house like a pack of demented whirling dervish save for the full tabby one which is rather more nervous than the others and whose name currently escapes me although I had remembered it earlier this morning.

We had coffee and a catch up whilst having a giggle over the antics of the kittens.  They are a perfectly lovely way of wasting time!!!  It was just a shame that Belinda was working because it was too hot today for wearing a mask and having to be nice to people!!

John and Das were deep in conversation about football when my personal favourite of the five - a little tabby and white called 'Button' came to investigate what I was doing in the lounge.

Finally we had to say goodbye because I wanted to go shopping in Polis and we had told Gail that when we went we would take her because she and Pete are without their car for a little while longer yet.  It wasn't a problem as John decided to stay home whilst she and I shot down to Polis and did what we needed to do.

On my return I did some art.  The current challenge is 'Something which Reminds you of School' which has turned out to be harder than I had thought.  The heat and the fact that so many people in the UK seem to be on holiday means that there are not so many entries but that's fine.  I did the pencil drawing above and took a picture of it before I did a bit of watercolour wash on it.

After a relatively quiet day, for which we were very grateful as it is so hot and there are weather warnings in place for the next few days, we had an evening of watching the athletics which we accompanied with a supper of stir fry pork served with noodles.

We went for another late night swim last night before going to bed - this time we had some musical accompaniment at it sounded like there was a party going on at Andreas's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.