Monday 15 August 2022

Feeling better thank goodness

At last I am feeling much more like myself - a day without a headache thankfully.   This was good because I had arranged to go down see Mum today and it was exceptionally hot and exceptionally humid down in Paphos.  


On my travels I had to nip into the Ministry of Transport on the Mesoghi Avenue.  In the car park were three beautiful old Bedford village buses, one of which had a sign which indicated that it had come from the occupied North, Morphou to be exact - that was the one on the left hand side.  I just love these buses and am so happy that we got the opportunity to ride on one on John's 50th.

I did my shopping and then went to Mum's where I stayed as long as I could until the heat and humidity got to me.  I was pleased to see that her neighbour, Effie, is looking much much better after her recent fall.  We had a little chat on my arrival and today she was smiling and didn't cry which is good.

Once back home I took a good look at the present which Argy and Lakis had given us for our wedding anniversary.   This is an amazingly fragrant plant which they call 'Pakistanos' here or Pakistani Jasmine - latin name Cestrum Nocturnum or night scented Jasmine.  Actually it is not a jasmine but a member of the potato family and as its common name suggested releases the most amazing scent at night.  Persephone and Savvas have one in their front garden at 1b and in the evenings at this time of the year we can smell the fragrance riding on the air and it is wonderful.  We have decided that we are going to find a home for it in the front garden so that we can get maximum benefit from the perfume.

It is too hot to do any gardening at the moment so we are going to limp it on in the pot until it is safe to move it to a new spot.  In the garden it will be in full sun most of the day so as I say now is not a good time to put it there.


This evening we sat outside for our supper - I know it looks a bit over done but that is just the additional cheese that I had put on the top which had caramelised.  This quiche was the best I have ever made and was like a souffle inside.  We just had it served with a salad and it was delicious and it was a really pleasant evening to be sitting outside - we didn't get bothered by beasties either.


We finished off our day with a dip in the pool before going to bed in an effort to cool down.  The water was amazing - it is hovering around 30 degrees and like a bath if  you go in then stand outside wet allowing the night air to cool you and then go back in!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.