Wednesday 31 May 2023

At Mum's

We were taking food down to Mum today and went down via the nursery which is near Paps in Chlorakas.  This is where we went to have Dad's funeral flowers done by a lovely lady called Stella.  I obviously haven't been this way in ages because the original building for the nursery has now been supplemented with an amazingly huge light and airy second building which houses all sorts of delights including some women doing some really amazing floral decorations.


There was the most amazing display of flowers inside including some orchids which I actually thought were artificial until I got up close to them.  There is all sorts in this new building - I really would urge people in that area to go and have a look.  I am guessing it might only be a matter of time until they open a little coffee shop - I hope they do because it would be a lovely place to take Mum on one of my regular weekly visits.

I smiled as we were out in the pot area looking at what they had because everything was all lovely shiny and new and in the field next door there was a wizened old goat herd with his herd doing what they have done for years and years irrespective of any changes happening around them.

We had lunch with mum and watched some of the snooker and then helped her to finish her current jigsaw.  She wasn't able to go out with her friend Lilian yesterday as she had hoped so had been indoors for several days (bar her daily walk) so she was glad of the company and ate amazingly well today.  She must have really liked my sausage shepherd's pie and the apple pie and cream.

On our return Jan called in to fill us in on her and Derek's recent mini break to the Aliathon in Paphos - a belated 60th birthday gift for Derek.  They had a fabulous time which is good because they work so hard. She, Ellen and I are due to be going to Ikea together on Tuesday which should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.