Wednesday 7 June 2023

After the Coronation


Yesterday's Coronation was spectacular and I was so glad that Mum accepted Lilian's invitation to go and watch it with her particularly as Mum's internet and TV system are still playing up.  I know Mum said she wasn't bothered (I could hear my Dad's voice in that comment) but I think she would have regretted missing out.


Today we were going down to Mum's, picking up Lilian en route to have a Coronation celebration lunch together which meant I was up early making the Coronation chicken and putting together the potatoes and vegetables to go with.  John had found an apple pie in Paps and we had decanted some cream so it was all systems go.  As we were getting ready the garden was filled with the unmistakable sound of Bee-Eaters.  We had about 30 sitting on the electric cables in the field next door.  I didn't have a great camera to take a nice clear shot, plus they are so quick when they decide they are off but you can get an idea of how spectacular they look en masse with their fabulously coloured plumage.

We were a bit early arriving in Peyia so we stopped in the old Philippos shop to get some cat food for Charlie.  I had to smile at one of the tinned offerings (available for both cats and dogs) which went by the name of Siko.  I am not sure after our experience on Monday with Charlie-Boy that we will be buying him some of that any time soon!

We had a nice lunch but Mum's internet problems continue so sometimes there was wi-fi and sometimes there was TV but rarely both so thank goodness Richard is going to take a look tomorrow as I know Mum finds it all very frustrating - as do I!  She didn't seem herself today.  She seems better on a one to one basis, today she could barely sit still although that is not unusual and seemed rather more unsteady on her feet than normal so I am guessing she is due a blood-test soon to test her sodium levels.

We returned home and I managed to spend a little time in the garden before we went across to catch up with Lakis and Argy.  We had given them time to sort themselves out after their late arrival the night before.  

With my sister arriving next week I am trying to get the garden looking tidy and now that I have received the wooden decking squares I ordered from Ikea (and which I want to use as stepping stones) I want to start sorting that out.

Anyway it is lovely to have Argy and Lakis back.  It is a special year for them this year as they celebrate a milestone wedding anniversary and for Argy a milestone birthday.  We are going to have to put our thinking caps on because as usual they came armed with a gift bag for each of us.  They are so kind and generous and we want to be able to repay that.  It is good to hear that they are expecting both the boys and their families to visit this year - I know that Argy has been hoping for this for a long time and that is probably going to be the best birthday present she can have.

We stayed and had a drink with them and a catch up.  We have a busy couple of weeks ahead and then it should quieten down so we can spend some quality time with them.  I have invited them to come and have supper with us on Wednesday so when I go and see Mum I need to get some nice fresh fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.