Sunday 14 January 2024

A glorious day

There was just one word to describe today, Wednesday 20th December 2024, and that was GLORIOUS!!!  Not a cloud in the sky and temperatures which would give a late summer's day a run for its money.

Days like today are a bonus when we are so close to Christmas and fills you with energy so I was up early and getting washing done and out putting items in all the places where they would catch the maximum sunshine.  I am not sure that John intended the guy ropes for the outside canopy to be used as washing lines but they are perfect this time of the year when we got a good amount of sunshine in the area outside the kitchen door.

I have a rotary line - I am not a fan - I would so prefer to have a long line and to be able to watch my washing flapping in the breeze but the house and garden configuration just doesn't lend itself to a long line - that was one of the joys of living in our old married quarter we had a lovely long back garden and as a result a lovely long washing line.

Married quarters seems like a million years ago but it was the final piece to our moving abroad jigsaw.  It enabled us to save like mad and as a bonus led to a friendship with Laura and Mark which has stood the test of time.  In fact as I write this I am watching an episode of Escape to the Country where the presenter is showcasing an amazing restaurant called the Station Kitchen and this year we have bought them a voucher to go eat there!!!

We decided to go and get some fresh air down on the coast and take a walk down in Latchi as it was just too good an opportunity to miss.  We parked up on the edge of the Marina where there have been some empty shops with flats above all the time that we have been living here - they are now being refurbished and spruced up as is much of Latchi.  It will be very interesting to see the end results.

We wandered back towards where we had parked the car and decided to stop for a drink.  We went to the new coffee place next to Coffee Island - I think it is called the Harbour Bar or something similar.  John chose a frappe and I asked for a freshly squeezed fruit juice and opted for kiwi which may have been a bit of a mistake because boy was it on the sharp side!!!

Drinkies done we girded our loins and set off for Polis to do our last 'big' shop before Christmas.  We had a longish list but it was quite eclectic and contained numerous items that I needed to replace but not necessarily today.

Paps was, well not to put too fine a point on it, rather quiet which was a bonus - there isn't anything like the mad panic buying that I would have encountered in the UK.  

We got most of the things that I wanted save for sprouts which John and I weren't at all bothered about but we have guests on Monday who will be expecting those smelly orbs so I will go in search again tomorrow when I take Mum shopping.

We rounded off our lovely day together with a work's do at Fitos where we enjoyed a lovely late lunch together just the two of us - this is a rare thing nowadays!!!  John had the pork chop (carefully putting some away for Gail's dogs Hector and Dot to enjoy later) and I had the vegetarian plate - I still need to get my head around aubergine but I am getting better.

All in all a lovely, lovely day - I feel up to the challenge of Christmas Day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.