Monday 15 January 2024

Not such a nice day to go shopping


The weather forecast was not wrong - today started out brightly enough and then deteriorated badly and became stormy, windy and wet so completely opposite to yesterday which was one of the warmest December days I have ever known here.  I started the day with my regular physio session with Marios and Socrates.  Marios did extra work on my poorly shoulder (the one that was not operated on) and managed to find the tender spot and give it a right old pummeling so I am expecting to be crippled tomorrow.

I then shot off to Mum's - I had organised that we would go out for a cuppa and a bite to eat.  My thought was to go to the Begonia Garden Centre but Mum was worried she might be cold there so suggested Alpha Mega - the big one on the dual carriageway - apparently she used to go there quite often with Dad although I don't actually remember that myself.  Anyway we went to eat first in the cafe.  There was a lot to choose from in the hot trays although I say hot in the loosest possible sense as the food was unfortunately rather luke warm which was a shame because what I had was nice and would have been even nicer if warmer.  The portions were enormous and I mean enormous.  Mum had chicken schnitzels with roast potatoes and coleslaw and I had a chicken and mushroom cream dish thing also with coleslaw (our choice you could have had all sorts of veggies, rice, salad etc) and two bottles of water and it came to 12 euros!!!  We then had a wander around the shop which I have said to John we should go to once ever couple of months because there is quite a different selection of foods and I even managed to find some Blue Brie Cheese for Christmas which we used to get regularly and then it disappeared off the shelves.

The weather had started to deteriorate badly by the time I left Mum's but I had to call into Philippos's supermarket in Peyia to find some Ginger Wine for Sonia.  I eventually found it and there was a choice of either Stones (which reminds me of my lovely Uncle David who used to like a Whisky Mac at Christmas) or Crabbies - which came in a smaller bottle and was on offer with 30% off and according to someone I spoke to considered superior to Stones.  I bought a bottle for Sonia and a bottle for us so that when she comes for a drink we can give her a Whisky Mac which is a favourite of tipple of hers.  I also had to swing by Lilian's to pick up the dishes I had left there on Sunday.

John had been busy in my absence - he had been making pizza for our tea and he was ready and waiting for me to get home and shot out and picked up my shopping and then we finished the pizza making together.   After our lovely evening meal (John makes a damn fine pizza) I managed to get in touch with Hazel so that I could wish her, Jordan and Abi all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.