Monday 8 January 2024

A Good Day...

John and John were catching up today and so I was dropping them down to Peyia so they could have a chat and a pint and something for lunch and I could then carry on down to the Mall to get my last minute bits and pieces from Jumbos.  

My John had picked The Mill as the venue having seen it advertised on Facebook as having real ale on tap and it was open!

They had a lovely time - apparently The Mill is stuck in a 1970s time warp which even includes the music being played.  The landlady is warm and friendly and slightly bonkers, the beer is reasonably priced - the food a bit eclectic but cheap (as chips apparently).

It was a good day for them - improved by the fact that I had been despatched to see if John (and Pete's) favourite French wine was still on offer in Sklavs in the Mall.  There had only been one bottle left in Sklavs on the Mesoghi on offer at €5.65 and when I got to the Mall Sklavs had several bottles and at an even better price of €4.87!!!!  I had gone armed with Mum's granny shopping wheelie basket which is absolutely perfect for stacking with bottles of wine and getting back to the car - slightly not so perfect trying to lift it into the boot with my dodgy arm though!

I had expected the Mall to be pretty busy it being so close to Christmas but I parked easily near the front doors and once I had got the wine sorted, and had a chat with Rachel who was racing around bracing herself for a Jumbos run, I too steeled myself and sharpened my elbows ready for a scrum.  Jumbos was surprisingly calm so I got the things I wanted to decorate the dining table on Christmas Day and then went to the tills which were relatively quiet too.  I had a nice chat with some guy who had only popped in for a shed load of serviettes so I let him go before me.  I popped my purchases down to the car and then decided to have a wander around looking at the shops, all resplendent with their festive decorations.


It was such a beautiful day that I decided to treat myself to a tea and a muffin from Costa's and took them to sit outside in the sunshine.  December 14th - all is calm and all is bright!!! I was having a lovely time just wandering around and having a bit of peace before next weekend when I will be a little bit frazzled because there will be so much to do even though I am trying to tick things off daily so there is actually less to do than there could be (if you get my drift).


I picked up John and John who had had a lovely time and had found their new favourite drinking establishment for when they want to go and chew the fat and once I had dropped John home and my John had got the fire lit I decided I would make the pudding for Sunday.  We are eating at Lilian's - she is doing the meat element and I am doing the veg and the pudding.  I decided to make another of the cornflake puddings I had made about a month ago.  It turned out looking really nice - this time I had pimped it up with some cashews and cranberries.

All in all a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.