Sunday 7 January 2024

Starting to get ready for Christmas...


Life is good.  My day started with a trip to Polis to (a) pick up the bits I had won from the Polis Pound Auction (which threw Patricia Dobson into a right old tizz because apparently I had come too early but her lovely little helper Maya found what I had to collect and (b) I was having my weekly physio session with the lovely Marios and Socrates.  From there I drove straight to Mum's so that I could take her shopping and check how she was doing after the dodgy day we had on Sunday.

The sad thing about Mum's funny turns is that she doesn't notice the changes herself so she is unable to tell us that things aren't right for her.  We went shopping, dropped off some Christmas Cards and then had a chat about Sunday.  I have told her that in order for her to continue to live independently we need to put things in place to facilitate that and she agreed.  I feel sad for her that her world has become so small but, as my sister points out, she is now deemed to be 'very old' and so many of her friends and family members never reached that point.  

It had been beautiful and warm and sunny down on the coast but as I drove back up the hills towards Kathikas you could see that this part of the island was swathed in low cloud - very atmospheric but a million miles from what I had left behind.   The landscape of the island never ceases to amaze me and the skies are just fabulous.

It was quite late by the time I got home.  We were going out this evening with Nicky and Mark for a pizza at My Mama Mia and I couldn't wait.  Mark very kindly drove and although we had booked a table for later in the evening we couldn't wait and so shot off just after the restaurant opened.

We had a lovely evening and the pizza was just as good as before except sadly they were no longer doing the buy one large get one small for 4 euros and I am not surprised as they really couldn't be making any money with that offer.  

We came back to ours having popped the electric heaters on whilst we were at the restaurant and that way it was lovely and warm when we walked in.  It was lovely and with all the Christmas decorations the house looked so inviting.  

Mum was so much better today that I am now beginning to really look forward to Christmas Day - she said she was looking forward to it too which is great.  It doesn't matter to me that I will be foregoing any alcohol in order to drive her and Lilian home - I just want everyone to have a lovely day.  

Tomorrow I will be having a final trip to Jumbos to get my decorations for the dining table - I think if it looks inviting it will be inviting - fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.