Monday 1 January 2024

Christmas Wrapping...


Not so bad today as forecast, John wanted to watch the Mighty Blades this afternoon now that Chris Wilder is back in charge and on his second game which was, apparently, winnable and as it happens actually was, not that it made any difference to their league position but the vibe and performance were both positive so that must be a good thing.  Our supper was sorted - fillet steak from Shuks and our brunch was to be something with croissants that John had seen on Insta.  I was on present wrapping.  We have very few by way of real gifts rather than Sac Magique ones but I do like to make whatever it is we have bought look nice.

Nicky and Mark won't be here on Christmas Eve for our annual book exchange and we haven't seen them for ages (although we are out with them next week) so I am not sure whether they will want to do it in advance or at all nevertheless I have made sure we are prepared if it is going ahead.

My wrapping took far longer than anticipated not least because I kept losing the one and only teeny tiny roll of sellotape which had put in an appearance in my craft drawers even though we know John bought several.

I have been collecting boxes for a while in order to facilitate the wrapping of awkward shared items of which there were many!  I also had six personalised Christmas goose bags to prepare in lieu of crappy crackers on Christmas Day, having said that each bag contains a miniature 'cocktail' cracker complete with snap but no bigger than a cigar!!!

Very rudely Gail has a birthday on 4th January so that meant another different lot of wrapping paper!

I eventually got myself in a position where order was restored from chaos just in time to start the supper prep. 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.