Sunday 31 December 2023

Vile weather...

 
Jesus the weather is vile today but amazingly Droushia avoided any power outages whereas Mum did not down in Paphos and when everyone had their power restored after many hours she did not because something had tripped the main trip.  Fortunately her lovely gardener Graham lives nearby and so we were able to ask him to help her which was good because at the point when she phoned to say she had a problem in the house both John and I had drunk a glass of wine or two.

Our day started with a trip to Polis so that John could do some shopping and I could go to the Physio for my weekly session.  It was my tenth today - I had thought I would stop then but having done something to my 'good' shoulder the other week I have decided to carry on irrespective of whether our insurance covers it or not.  My session is 20 euros which is my treat to myself.  


On our return home we decided that we would start decorating the house for Christmas - it was so shit outside we needed something to do that would make us feel warm and cosy!!  We both, unashamedly, love Christmas and, although we say every year that we have enough decorations we have decided that you can never ever have too many!!!

I will have Mum and Lilian and Gail and Pete here on Christmas Day and I want it to be one of the best Christmas lunches they have ever had - I have been getting the Christmas Bags ready for the table which I prefer to shitty cheap crackers for ages and I have already started to get things ready for the meal in advance.

We did get to speak to Argy today - the inclement weather has caused power outages and issues all over the place so we wanted to make sure everything was ok at their house.  It was so lovely to see Argy looking better than when we had last seen her.  


THIS WAS ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO.  TODAY IS ACTUALLY NEW YEAR'S EVE.  WE ARE STAYING AT HOME AND GOING OUT FOR A SUPER FABULOUS FARMYARD CARVERY LUNCH TOMORROW.   THE REMAINING POSTS FOR 2023 WILL BE POSTED DAILY UNTIL THE BLOG COMES TO THE END OF 2023 AND THEN I AM HANGING UP MY KEYBOARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.