Saturday 30 December 2023

Stormy Weather...

The weather has gone bonkers - stormy, stormy, stormy which isn't so great having said that I have so much stuff I need to do to clear up after a visitor and to get ready for Christmas that I am quite glad to be enforced to be at home.  Having said that I had promised Mum that I would take her shopping and I also picked up Lilian as she is still unable to drive.  That all worked well as we had a mooch around Lidl where we were all able to pick up some nice bits and pieces and then I dropped them off at Sklavenitis and I was able to go to the bank (a) to get our monthly money as we are Luddites who like to deal in cash and (b) to get Mum's next three months rental monies and (c) to ask if I could up my withdrawal limit on my cash card which amazingly I could and which they actioned there and then - thank you Alpha Bank.


We all had a 'cuppa' in Sklavs which is Mum's favourite hobby although she moans like hell about the tea and its production but I am so used to it now that I just try not to take any notice!!!  The seat she takes has to be comfortable otherwise we need a plethora of cushions to make it acceptable and it should preferably be indoors and out of a draft, anyone smoking or loud music - then the tea has to be water and tea bag separate and English Breakfast Tea only, none of that foreign rubbish.  The tea has to be served in a tea cup where she can get her finger into the handle.  Easy peasy - never!!!

I returned Mum and Lilian to their respective homes before getting home myself.  We were going to Mamma Mia in Argaka this evening with Liselotte and John before they disappear for the Festive Season.  It was just lovely - quite busy so the atmosphere was great and they were still doing the buy one biggy pizza and get a small one for 4 euros so it was a win-win.  A really lovely evening - it always is when we see them although this year that hasn't been quite so often as previously but LL has many commitments back in Denmark.

 Glædelig jul dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.