Thursday 25 January 2024

Festivities over..

A quiet day today getting back to a bit of normality.  We didn't have much planned so had a lazy morning but I was up early enough to get three loads of washing in, done, out on the line and dry which for 27th December cannot be bad.

I know Uncle Stan never believes me when I say we have hard winters but when we do we do, this year however the weather has been unbelievably kind and today I got my pastey-coloured legs out and went back into my shorts and sandals - note to self I must sort my toenails out - I just hadn't anticipated having my tootsies out in the open this side of New Year!!!

We need to make the most of this glorious weather as my app tells me that an extended period of rain starts on Wednesday after New Year's Day and looking at various reservoirs I can tell you that the island needs plenty although maybe not all at once.

We are currently looking after Nicky and Mark's three cats - Roxy, Tabitha and Noodles.  Today there was not one to be seen and it didn't appear that any of the food had been eaten either.  We don't like it when we don't see them so we had a walk around looking for them.  No joy but fortunately after texting the neighbours Rich confirmed sightings of all three today thank goodness.

We nipped down to Polis this morning as we wanted to organise a replacement dehumidifier as our current replacement had failed like the first one.  The electrical shop in Polis was very apologetic and had offered us 30% off a new one and, as we like to keep the spare room dehumidified and it hasn't been for some time we were keen to at least get one ordered.  Fortunately they had just one of the one that we chose so we took that then nipped to Paps for a bit of shopping and then home where I spent most of the afternoon cooking up leftovers.  A St Stephen's pie from the turkey and gammon which we will have one Sunday with Mum and Lilian and sausage rolls made with the leftover stuffing plus a pork dish to have at a later date.

A lovely quiet evening watching the darts and little Luke Littler who played like a whirlwind, blink and you would miss it.  

Not much else to report save that we had company this evening in the shape of a lime green spider which seemed to be making a home in the tinsel above the mirror on the mantelpiece.

It is apparently a green huntsman spider but minuscule compared to the billy big brown ones we have had in the house which are so large you cannot put a pint pot over them in order to capture them and put them outside!!!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.