Friday 26 January 2024

It's all about food


The weather continues to delight us so today was another glorious and warm day, shorts and sandals were required for my trip down to Paphos to take Mum shopping.  John had gone out on his bike with Pete so I set off quite early as I wanted to go to the bank and do some bits and pieces before picking up Mum and John and I had planned a trip to the Pizzeria early afternoon.

As I needed to go down the Mesoghi Avenue I drove through Kathikas and at the point where you can see the coast on both sides of the road I pulled in, stopped and took a photograph of the glorious terraced landscape stretching out before me.  I never want to get bored of looking at my surroundings.  With the weather as it has been recently we appreciate even more than ever how exceptionally lucky we are to live where we live.  


Mum didn't want much shopping but needed some cat food for Fred who has become very picky about his food.  We cannot be sure whether he is just getting old or is unwell so may have to take him to the vets and I am dreading what might happen if he is in kidney failure (which is likely) but will have to deal with that situation if and when arises.  I decided to take Mum to the cafe at the Begonia Garden Centre opposite the Mall.  She hadn't seemed keen when I suggested it previously but today I just took her.  It was warm enough that we could have and probably should have sat outside because it was considerably cooler inside although Mum did divest herself of all her layers as she warmed up.  She opted for a pot of tea and a bacon and egg bap.  The bap was huge but she had a good old stab at eating it all and said she would have finished all the bread had it had butter on it!!!  I have to say it was lovely and clean in the cafe with comfortable seating, nice food at a good price.  I will be taking her there again!

We returned to Emba where I spent time trying to get Mum to master her fire stick and its remote control.  I also swapped her VPN for the one we use - it was all working swimmingly when I left but by the time I had got home she had managed to do something to render all my good work useless.  I really dont know what we are going to do with her and her TV.  She only wants to watch BBC and really it shouldn't be too difficult but sadly it is.

As the glorious afternoon was coming to an end John and I made it to My Mamma Mia for our usual pizza.  It was marvelous and we don't even have to tell the woman there what we want - she knows!!!

It was lovely not to have to cook today and we both returned home feeling nicely full.  We watched a bit of the darts after I had had an hour long video call with Mum trying to get her to input a 6 character password - by which time I needed a drink or three!!!

It was still only early when the darts came to a break so we then started to watch a series called the Couple Next Door which can make you see your neighbours in a whole different light!!!

Tomorrow we have a relatively quiet day but are going out with Gail and Pete to Kaponas as Eleni has invited regulars to a special dinner.  Sadly Jan and Derek and Nicky and Mark are away and Ellen is poorly so it will only be the four of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.