Friday 21 October 2011

Blogging from a Different Location...

So today, tomorrow and Saturday morning I am house and cat sitting for Mum and Dad who are off for the weekend with the Monday walking group.  So my blogging will have to be done on Dad's sooper-dooper new laptop and tomorrow I am going to transfer over everything from his old steam-driven PC so that he can get rid of it.

We just had a few bits to do at home first before John brought me down to Emba.  It was the most beautiful day today with blue skies and not a cloud to be seen.  Chivers (I love my Dad and I am the cutest kitten in the whole wide world) came out into the garden with us again so that he can get used to his surroundings - at one point he scaled the olive tree - too quickly for me to catch it on camera - but I think he scared himself so he kept at ground level after that! 

At this point I must send congratulations to Laura and Mark as we understand that their dog Gethin has done the business with Lola and is about to be the father of a litter of little Boxers!!  Count the pennies Pamments!!

So we set off down to Emba calling into the DIY shop on the way so that we could get some paint for the roof terrace ladder so that we can protect it against the elements and to get one or two things in the Euro Shop (it is the law that you cannot pass that shop without calling in and where else would we get those scrummy Apple biscuits?).

We also called into the Gas supplier to get a second large Gas Bottle for the fire so that we will have plenty to keep us warm in the winter.  Now that it is working John is just itching to light it and I have to admit it does look warm and cosey in the lounge when it is on.  We went to buy one of the big tall bottles and to enquire how much it might be to have them delivered if we need to in the future.  At the moment we have no idea how long one of these will last and obviously as our only form of heating we dont want to be caught out without any!

Just to prove to you what a lovely day it was look at the photographs I took of Mum and Dad's house and them getting in the car to set off for Pedoulas and the Two Flowers Hotel.  They are going to find it a darn sight colder up there when they arrive (which they have just done as I have received a text message to say that it is bright but cool!!).

 All is good at Lakoudia street - Dad tells me that when it gets a bit 'dumpsy' I am to go across the road and scrump myself some of the pomegranates from his neighbours tree - although the neighbour had already told him that he can help himself.  I will providing I dont get attacked by the chickens that are wandering underneath!!!!  Actually Dad is fattening them up by feeding them the apple cake that we had left over after going to Yiannis Taverna on Monday night!  Missy is fine but very quiet as something (probably another cat) really spooked her earlier in the week.

Off to the quiz this evening with Janice and Ray - in fact we are eating at Sid's Taverna first so that will secure us a table inside now that the evenings are cooler.  We may be a small but select team this week but we will do our best to make sure that Spyro's Neighbours dont disgrace themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.