Thursday 17 November 2011

Not such a Wet Wednesday...

So after two plus days of torrential rain I woke first today (6.30am) and peeked outside the curtains to see that is was dry and bright - I thought it must be as the birdsong had woken me and the local birds aren't stupid - even they didn't come out in the rain!

Desperate to get some washing done which would dry on these much shorter winter days I was first up and across this morning which really confused the children!!!  First job is to sort the carnage which is the cat litter - even cats have standards and John tells me that our two wait until the boxes have been cleaned out in the morning before going in to refill them - NICE!!

As it was dry and bright Chivers was itching to get outside - he didnt like it when it was wet.  Where Chivers goes then Minnie-Mou is never too far behind so she was allowed out as well (under supervision).  She is either a kitten with ADHD or her hearing isn't too good because she seems totally oblivious when you call for her attention - unlike Chivs who will come to call - love him!

It is, of course, a whole new world out in the garden and the kids didnt take long to get exploring - everything is interesting, the garden, the plants, John's wood, a dirty bowl of rain water!

We cant wait until they have both finished having all their jabs and relinquished the litter trays in favour of a cat-flap so that they can come and go as they please.  At the moment Chivs is good and will come to the backdoor and ask to come in.  We are stuck really as to the best location for a cat flap but we have a little while to work this out as the kittens are more than happy to spend time indoors playing.  Chivers is very easy to please as you only have to give him a wrapper and he is as happy as Larry but boy he makes a very random growling noise when he has one to play with - it is the only time that he seems to get possessive about anything. 

Minnie has really embraced the cat gym that Janice and Ray kindly gave us but at the rate she is currently growing she will soon be too big to hide behind it or shoot in and out of the circular hole. 

It being Wednesday I was due to go to craft - this is held outdoors so had it been yesterday there would have been no chance but I had a text to say it was on so I wrapped up in layers and got my project and headed off.

Last week John had agreed to put up some guttering for Ollie and Trish and bearing in mind that it seems as though it has been absolutely piddling down ever since he bought the materials he decided to take advantage of the brighter weather to at least make a start on the job.

You will be pleased to know that I have finished my heart at long last.  This is an absolutely priceless piece of art as you could never in a million years charge someone for the time and effort that has gone into it so it will forever hang in our bedroom!!

Next week, if we are still able to craft outside, I have decided that I am going to take some of my Christmas Cards to paint - it will be nice to have something different to do.

I was home by about 3.00pm which was a nice surprise for John who was just beginning to miss me when I turned up (aaaahhhhh).  He had just about completed the guttering job and was taking time out to relax. 

It has been a much more pleasant day today - dont mind cold but I do hate rain!

1 comment:

  1. that heart is absolutly stunning and as you say priceless - good job x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.