Tuesday 21 August 2018

Neighbours - everybody needs good neighbours...


Right so no prizes for guessing why the sewing machine is out again...  the big brolly from outside the back of the kitchen needs more repair - one edge of it rubs up against the wall and is beginning to fray so it was time to get it reinforced.  Can you believe though that I managed to pull a muscle in my nether regions reaching for the foot pedal????  I wasn't really aware I had done it but as the day wore on my gluteus maximus got progressively more uncomfortable - good job we are not playing pickleball at the moment because I wouldn't be able to run anywhere.

I had planned to do a bit of gardening but had to give it a miss - fortunately things are reasonably ok.  This year we split the clock vine which grows up the kitchen wall and onto the railings above - it was supposed to give John easier access to his man-shed which is a narrow gap between the kitchen and the gazebo!  We put the bit we split off round the back and it struggled to begin with but has survived and has had a couple of flowers and the original bit remained in situ and has flourished and is now flowering beautifully.

There was nothing for it but to retreat to the pool this afternoon and float around in the rubber ring keeping cool.  John suggested pointing my backside at one of the jets so I got a water massage!!

Our immediate neighbours are here this week - we had expected them on Saturday but they had to change their plans.  They arrived late last night so we left it until today to go round and see how they are.  They said they wanted to take us out to dinner this week and I suggested Wednesday which was ok and suggested Fitos because they always insist on paying so at least at Fitos it won't be expensive.  Then Lakis and Argy realised that Dora and Gregoris were here and wanted to take them out so, because they are off to Spilia tomorrow, we agreed that Lakis and Argy could take the four of us out to Fitos for a meal!  I am soooooooo going to have to go on a diet once our neighbours go home!!!


John was mega excited that we have a visit from the UPS man today.  When Hazel was here John managed to drive home from Polis with his Samsung phone in his pocket and snap it in half so we decided to get him a new phone and he had been really impressed with the Motorola phone that Tommy had with him when he and Sally visited in November.  We got a rugged case for the new phone so that hopefully this handset can't crack!!!  I could see how the remainder of my afternoon was going to pan out - setting up John's new phone!!!


So this evening there was a mass exodus from Lordos 1 with 2b, 10a and 10b residents eating together inside and those from 3b also there but sitting outside.  It was a lovely evening - I had Greek lessons from Kia so I am now fully familiar with all the words for a dining table and what might be placed upon it!!!  I like to try and involve her in conversation so she isn't left out but somehow my pronunciation of Greek words leaves her looking totally confused but at least I try!!!

We had our meal and then returned to Droushia to sit outside and enjoy the evening air by which time my backside had pretty much seized up!!!  A shot of zivania helped to dull the pain!!

Poor mum didn't have a good day today, first off her large fridge freezer developed a fault which meant the alarm was on constantly - this is probably the indication of something rather terminal and nowadays deemed not economically viable to repair.  I have found two engineers who would be available to come tomorrow should we need them but as the beast is probably over 10 years old it may well be worth her getting a new one and then she wont need to worry about it going wrong.  Then somehow tonight she managed to put the torch on her mobile phone and couldn't get it off.  Unfortunately I am not 100% familiar with her Doro so couldn't begin to visualise how she might shut it off - I told her it wasn't the end of the world to just switch her phone off and we would sort it out tomorrow when John and I are going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.