Monday 21 October 2019

A New Week...


I was at art this morning although thankfully I didn't have to walk with my dodgy foot, John took me and we went to see Dad first.  All was good in the cemetery - peaceful and tidy which is just how we like it and Mum had been yesterday so the plants didn't need watering.

John left me at Sheila's to go back home and do some DIY whilst I was 'colouring'.  I am reaching then end of my current picture, after this morning's work I only have the stem and a leaf to complete which will be done next week.

I thought you might like to see the progress over the last four Mondays that I have been to art.  Each Monday, bar some chatting, Sheila and I manage about two and a half hours of work and you can see what that means by way of progress.  I really like this picture and will have this framed and displayed on our wall.  I plan to do a protea flower or flowers next and if that is successful I might keep that as well!


Mum was very kindly entertaining J,J&S today for lunch - she had wanted to take them to to the Sea Caves Restaurant because it is somewhere likes and it is a lovely venue and open on a Monday which is a bonus plus J,J&S haven't been there before and we do like to try and show them something or somewhere new when they come.  We had given them instructions as to how to find Mum's bungalow but they failed at the final hurdle and ended up seeing parts of Emba even I haven't been to but John managed to talk them in so that was good!  They had a fab time and Stan reckons that has been probably the best meal he has had so far - it was 'boodiful'.  Anyway they all look like they had a good time and big thanks to Mum for taking them there which gave us some time to ourselves.

John and I had some shopping we needed to do down in Polis and we decided to do it later in the evening so that we could then call in for a quick cuppa and see how our guests' day had gone.

My foot is slightly better but by the end of the day I get tired and it feels like I am walking on a fir cone or worse.  It was as much as I could do to hobble up the back path to D1 but when I did we found that JJ&S had collected a new friend in the shape of a very attractive black cat but it had massive conkers hanging down so we didn't encourage it because we didn't want it to start spraying everywhere.

All is good at D1 as they are now into their second week.  The time seems to be racing by as the diary for this week is now pretty full and the final week of anyone's holiday seems to be the shortest week ever!

Tomorrow John is taking JJ&S out for lunch at the Last Castle (Viklari) and I was supposed to be making up a four at pickleball but that clearly isn't going to happen after my break dancing incident.


We sat outside the back of their villa for an hour or so - it was very pleasant - a lovely warm evening and a million miles away from the heavy rolling mists and condensation which greeted us on our arrival home.

Can you believe that Charlie is poorly now - he too has been in a fight - it think it is with that evil tabby that squared up to John months ago.  We managed to remove a claw from his leg and clean up around it and Boris has donated a couple of his antibiotics so hopefully Charlie will recover quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.