Sunday 20 October 2019

Sunday - everyone all together...

We were to have a busy day today but sadly I was feeling very under par.  My foot is painful but it is all internal so its very difficult to pinpoint exactly where or what is hurting.  I can move my foot in all directions and wiggle my toes without problem but try and walk and I just want to throw up.  I have taken some pain killers and rubbed on a shed load of Voltarol and have it strapped then unstrapped and ice-packed and then not and when I am resting it, it feels fine.  You can see some vague discolouration but John reckons the worst is yet to come as the bruising hasn't reached the surface.  Well I wish it would bloody hurry up.  I am so grateful that Liselotte or John or both will come to my rescue on Tuesday for pickleball as I know I am not going to be in a position to play.

When we had been in Fitos on Friday night Simon had come in for a takeaway and he and his family are up in Droushia for the weekend so we arranged that we would call in for coffee this morning, that was before I went breakdancing off the rug but we haven't seen them for a long time so I wanted to go.  We had to thank the girls, Jasmine and Frances for writing and sending us a postcard from Mega-Busy Mevagissey when they were back in the UK escaping the summer heat of Cyprus.

John did not make me walk thank goodness although we would do normally!!!  We sat out in the garden under the bandstand chatting and drinking coffee and the girls and I had an animal making challenge with the plasticine where I was victorious with my forest green rabbit - not that I am competitive or anything!!!


We returned home shortly before Mum arrived and was followed by Mick, Anne and Gordon who are coming to the end of the three week stay.  We were all travelling down to Latchi so that we could have Sunday lunch with Janet, Jacky and Stan.  John took Mum down to pick up his family and so that could see where they were staying so she would know for the future and Mick drove me down with the others.


Something had got lost in translation because John had phoned to book a table for nine but there was no record of it.  It didn't matter as they weren't mega-busy but was a bit annoying.  Everyone seemed to enjoy their food and although it is a bit difficult with a large number of people half of whom don't know each other but conversation seemed to flow just fine which is good.


Mum, Mick, Anne and Gordon came back to ours for a cuppa before returning home.  We sat under the gazebo enjoying the cooler temperatures up here in Droushia and the quiet.  Although it is a hunting day we haven't heard much shooting but we did hear the sirens of the local fire engine earlier and as we headed down towards Latchi could see a fire belching dirty black smoke over towards the bottom of Androlikou.


I took to my bed after everyone had gone and rested my foot with an ice-pack leaving John to watch some footie and then later got up so that we could watch the two remaining episodes of Carnival Row which I think is one of the best things I have seen on TV for a while - a bit weird granted but the costumes and sets were outstanding.  I see there is to be a Series 2 but it was nice to watch a series where most of the loose ends were tied up at the end of the first series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.