Saturday 19 October 2019

I am in great pain...


Last night I fell off the lounge rug whilst putting Mr Boo on the sofa.  I know that sounds ridiculous but I was wearing some high wedges at the time and I trod on the edge of the rug so it was uneven underfoot and my shoe went over on its side with my foot in it and it bloody well hurt.  So this morning it was no surprise to see it was swollen, bruised and painful.  So much so that I could not walk and I was gutted.  Currently we are so low in pickleball players that I was going to make up the numbers - I just couldn't believe it.  I kept telling myself it was going to be fine in a day or so but John wasn't convinced.


We were supposed to be meeting up with his Mum, Jacky and Stan for lunch at the Japanese and we toyed with the idea of postponing it but when we checked the diary that was looking dodgy so John strapped me up and told me to walk on it as little as possible.  The bandage was great but after a while got a bit too tight so I had to remove it.  Also last night Kenny had been left up in Droushia so we had to get him back.  Fortunately it was my left foot and Kenny is automatic so I could drive it down with John following in the Pug.

We made it to Akakiko and commandeered a couple of brollies so that we could sit outside in the courtyard to have our lunch rather than go inside.

It is lovely inside though - the building is so full of character and is over 100 years old.

Upstairs they have even turned it into a small boutique hotel - John couldn't show a room to the others as they were fully booked.

It was just a shame that there was no-one else dining there as it would be a shame, having done so much work here, for it not to be successful and to be honest who would expect a Japanese Restaurant in little old Polis?



It is not the cheapest place to eat but it is so nice to be able to have the choice of different textures and flavours - the drinks are expensive too but as it was lunchtime we were only going to have water and I had taken a couple of painkillers so wasn't drinking anyway.  Our food was good - everyone seemed to enjoy the choices that they had made and although it seemed a 'light' choice what we had kept us all full for the remainder of the day.

When I say 'full' however I do not mean full enough not to have an ice cream from the Gelataria in Prodromi.  I was good I didn't but the others are on their holiday (John being their tour guide) and so it only seemed right and proper that lunch should be finished by desert - so many flavours though and so little time to enjoy them all.  Had I been partaking I think I too would have plumped for the Cinnamon Orange which was the choice of Janet and Jacky because that is my second favourite - vanilla being my first but that is a bit safe and boring!!  John had a mega cone of hazelnut and pistachio and Stan made his way through pear and toffee!!

I was quite glad when I got back home and was able to take the weight off of my foot and wrap it up in an ice pack.  I spent the remainder of the day on the bed with Mr Boo for company.  John on the other hand drowned his sorrows watching the Mighty Blades who fought a damn fine fight against Liverpool and only lost because of a howling mistake by the goal keeper.  John says the drinking of the beer (Trekhgornoe Three Hills Beer Трехгорное) which is Russian is a labour of love because he is giving the empty bottles to Liselotte for her garden lighting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.