Friday 18 June 2021

A Day of Eating!

Currently Wednesday is the day that I go down to spend time with Mum.  It gives me an opportunity to get things done in Paphos without making a special trip - not that we need to do much down there - we tend to get 90% of our shopping in Polis but I do like to make a trip to Shukrou the Butcher so that fits in nicely as he is not far from Mum's and if I go on my way home I can pull up outside and be on the right side to get back into the traffic.


So I quickly nipped into Lidl to stock up on some gin before picking up Mum and going to the Cafe at Tala Amphitheatre.  It has a lovely covered terrace and an inside that can have sufficient doors open to comply with the current restrictions (which are due to be reviewed again tomorrow).  It was surprisingly busy in there so Mum and I were lucky to get the last table outside in the shade and it was lovely to see Louise Vreony who has sung for us on a number of occasions.  Bar the wearing of masks to the table and from the table everything seemed relatively 'normal'.


Bearing in mind that John and I had decided to go and have Thai later today I wanted something light for lunch.  I chose a chicken Waldorf Salad which was delicious and something I shall recreate at home.  The cafe is lovely but my advice is not to go if you are in a hurry or hungry because the guy who serves has apparently had some sort of head injury in the past so he works at one speed and does one thing at a time - it didn't bother me, I was neither in a rush nor starving and if that is the way he works well actually good luck to him and sitting waiting gave Mum and I a chance to chat about her impending holibobs with Lilian and my house sitting with Fred.  Mum is busy writing me an idiot's guide to Fred's habits and diet which I am bound to get wrong if he susses that I am a bigger softie than Mum!!

I tootled off back home via the butchers.  Naz is always such a smoothie when you go in, he makes you feel like the most important customer he has ever had and he has everything ready and waiting.  A mega barbeque pack this week and a liver for the cats and a bit of soft soap - what more does a girl need?


I returned home and had a quiet hour or so with John before we went to the Farmyard - instead of having a takeaway we decided to sit in and make the place look busy.  The food was superb but just about on my limit of heat - almost a pleasure pain experience!!!

Anyway after two meals today I am glad that I am walking tomorrow with Liselotte - I have planned a relatively gentle walk around the dip in Kathikas and hopefully leaving at 8.00am it wont be too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.