Wednesday 16 June 2021

It is hot!!!

A new week begins and we have today earmarked for some tidying in the garden.  I am on cutting back - the solanum in the garden have put on a spurt and need a haircut.  I have planned to work on the garden from the kitchen decked area around to Wendy and Bill corner.

I have a little helper in Charlie who follows me around - he seems to be wanting our company all the time which is no problem.

John was busy working on clearing away the old wood around the back door which has a problem and needs to be sorted - I am not sure it was on his to-do list but it is a priority.

The problem with doing things at the moment is the unseasonably hot weather so you need to get up early - that is not a problem for us as one or other of the cats gets us up at around 5.00am.  

Along with cutting back I also want to go through all the pots and refurbish some of them as they are beginning to look a bit tired.  I have been busy taking cuttings of geraniums which are in need of potting up so I have persuaded John to go to the garden centre later today - I want to spend the money which the Park Rise Art Group have sent me for organising the weekly challenge now that they are going to be able to meet up again in person after nearly a year and a half.


This is the view as you drive down through the village down towards Polis - it is stunning and today the sea looked absolutely stunning.  It was good to see that although we have not done a village clean in quite a long time the road was pretty clean.  


I love Marinos's garden centre - the plants are so well cared for and on a hot day it is quite refreshing to walk through the poly tunnel and get sprayed with a fine cooling mist!!!  I had seen some hanging baskets that they had advertised which were filled with succulents but they didn't have two the same so Marina showed me some others with a selection of green plants and a begonia and I loved them, so did John.  We chose two which came to 20 euros which was exactly the amount that Park Rise had sent me.  Marina reckons that if we avoid a frost this winter they should continue for some time.


This was the temperature when we got back into the car - this is super hot for May!!  We drove back to Polis and called into Paps to do our shopping which was no hassle save for the fact that all our staples seemed to be on offer so we stocked up and spent a bit more than we had bargained for!!


Our supper was 'Freezer Surprise' - the box was marked with Thai Chicken Cous-Cous but neither of could remember if we had enjoyed it the first time round so we weren't expecting much from it.  As it happens it was absolutely delicious and I have no idea how I made it!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.